Eligibility National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
A candidate must be an unmarried male citizen of India or
Provided that a candidate belonging to above categories (except Indian citizens) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. However, the certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India).
Age Limit for NDA Exam
- Candidates must be between 16½ to 19 years.
- "Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1995 are eligible".
Educational Qualification for NDA Exam
1. Army wing of National Defence Academy
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
2. Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Physical Conditions for NDA
Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.
For more details either go through the notification published in the news papers or, click on the link:
Application Details for NDA Exam