Combined Defence Services Examination
Posts offered through Combined Defence Services Examination, shortly known as CDS Examination, is basically for the Indian Nationals who are young and courageous individuals who cares for the nation with patriotic emotions and who have devoted their lives to defend their country and its people.
Successful candidates in the Combined Defence Services Examination will be sent for the training to any one of the following Defence training institutes mentioned below.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
- Naval Academy, Goa
- Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai
Candidates selected in the Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and the Air Force Academy get permanent commission, however cadets passing out of Officers Training Academy get short service commission.
Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year in the months of February and September for recruitment to officer cadre of the Army, Navy and Air force.
- UPSC conducts the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) generally twice a year and are conducted once in the month of February and second time in the month of September.
- Notification of Examination commences November-December & April - May
C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012
C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2013
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 10.12.2012
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 17.02.2013
CDS Question Papers