VIT University Entrance Exam- 2012
Cost of the VITEEE Application Form: Rs.950/-
Issue of Application forms From: December 05, 2011 (Tuesday)
Last Date for the receipt of completed Application Forms at VIT: February 29th, 2012
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination: April 21st, 2012 (Saturday) Time:(2.30 pm to 5.00 pm IST)
Declaration of Result (Tentative): May , 2012
Last date of receipt of application
B.Tech Programmes Offered: (Duration – 4 Years)
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical & Energy Engineering
B.Tech programmes offered at proposed Chennai campus: Civil engineering, Computer science and engineering, Electronics and communication engineering, Electrical and electronics engineering, Mechanical engineering
Candidates born on or after 01st July, 1990 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2012. They should have studied in regular, full-time, formal stream in the school
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemical and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB)
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST, students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern states
Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes
Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March/April 2012 are also eligible to apply
- The application form can be obtained
- From the designated branches of Post Offices on cash payment of Rs. 950/-. Details of branches from which applications will be sold is available in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in
- By sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 950/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore, to the Admission Officer with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant. (or)
- By handing over a DD for Rs. 950/- in person at VIT University, Vellore (or) at our Chennai Administrative office.
Steps to be followed before filling up of the VITEEE-2012 On-line Application form
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the 'Submit & Proceed to Printing' Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 950/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates .
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
- If you face any technical difficulties, please contact 0416-2202157 (or) email@example.com